Dahlia House

Dahlia House
Taken in August 2013

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Just finished updating the website, and adding new info and pictures. Since I did that we have continued to work on the bedroom, getting the crown molding up, and other trim pieces. I also fixed the sheet rock and put up wallpaper on one wall in the kitchen. We have also picked out the flooring for the conservatory, so the next few weeks should be dedicated to the flooring in the bedroom and conservatory. How fun! (so I say now before I spend a week on my knees!)

More pictures to come as we continue......

Sunday, April 13, 2008

We have made a lot of progress in the past few months.
Installed a new plate cupboard in the kitchen
A new shelf for the microwave
Finished repairing floor
Finished insulating and caulking around windows
Ceiling tile in the bedroom is up and painted
Walls are sheet rocked, wallpapered and painted
Installed the rest of the bead board and painted it
Trim around windows and doors is all sanded and repainted
Finished off the closet and wallpapered
Sanded and painted the drawers for the bed
Sanded and painted the display case for the bedroom
Tore off all the old tiles and linoleum
Took down the old wallboard (thanks to Emily and crew)
Took down the old ceiling tiles

Cleaned out the garage & hauled a huge load to the dump (thanks to Heather & fam)

Put up shelving and cupboards in the big garage

We really want to get back into our bedroom so have been putting most of our energy towards that goal. Next comes the flooring!

We had our first nice day of spring yesterday so we were able to work out in the yard and even got part of our vegetable garden planted. Lot's of weeding and yard maintenance too.

Hopefully I will find the time soon to add new pictures and text to the website.