Dahlia House

Dahlia House
Taken in August 2013

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

     Six years ago this month we moved into Dahlia!  I remember thinking at that time that we would be done with all the projects in a years time.  How naive we were!  Little did we know just how much work this old house needed. So here we are 6 years later still plugging away, I am not sure I would have signed on for this if I knew at the time how long it would take, and maybe that is just as well as we have enjoyed the journey!
      In the recent weeks we have continued to work on the bathroom upstairs, getting trim up around the windows and walls and dealing with water issues.  Had a geyser of a leak in the bathtub plumbing.  Wow, what a mess that could have been!  Brian put little "shoes" around the feet of the tub so it cannot move, so that problem should be solved.
     We also hung the stained glass boat picture in the living room after I stained and sealed the frame.  We have been waiting for a long time to do this and are very pleased with the results. 
    We do a little bit each day on the staircase.  It is an overwhelming job and as long as I just focus on a small area I don't get so frustrated at how long it is taking to do.  Brian has fixed 3 of the spindles that were split, and I have painted them with primer, so as soon as we finish the sanding and staining we can put them back.....
    Still cleaning out boxes.....I think they are multiplying at night!

No comments: